On Completion of the two year M.Sc. Nursing Programme, the graduate will be able to:
1. Utilize/apply the concepts, theories and principles of nursing science
2. Demonstrate advance competence in practice of nursing;
3. Practice as a nurse specialist.
4. Demonstrate leadership qualities and function effectively as nurse educator and manager.
5. Demonstrate skill in conducting nursing research, interpreting and utilizing the findings from health related research
6. Demonstrate the ability to plan and effect change in nursing practice and in the health care delivery system.
7. Establish collaborative relationship with members of other disciplines
8. Demonstrate interest in continued learning for personal and
Eligible for Admission to this Course
A candidate shall have:
i) Passed the qualification of B.Sc. Nursing Degree of this University or any other University accepted as equivalent there to.
ii) Should have registered with the State Registration Council of Nursing and Midwifery.
iii)B.Sc. Nursing Graduates should have one year of experience in a hospital or in a College or in a School of Nursing or in Community Health Programme after registration in State Nursing Council.
iv) Minimum one year of work experience prior or after Post Basic B.Sc Nursing.
v)Every candidate before admission to this course shall submit to the Principal of the institution a certificate of Medical Fitness from an authorized Medical Officer that the candidate is physically fit to undergo the Academic Programme.
Candidates before seeking admission to any one of the affiliated Nursing colleges shall obtain an Eligibility Certificate from the University by remitting the prescribed fees along with the application form.